“INNALILAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIOON”
Allah says: “Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon” To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.” (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
“Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned.” (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)
Death is a very painful and emotional time, yet one that may be filled with hope and mercy. Muslims believe that death is a departure from the life of this world, but not the end of a person’s existence. Rather, eternal life is to come, and we pray for God’s mercy to be with the departed, in hopes that they may find peace and happiness in the life to come.
Information for Health care providers: If the patient has no family members around, please contact a Muslim Imam/chaplain
Procedure For Salat ul Janazah
The following is a brief description of Salat ul Janazah:
(1) The Imam should raise his hands, recite the Takbeer, and then tie his hands as in all other Salats. Those offering the Salat should follow, and then recite Sana and Surat ul Fatihah silently.
(2) The Imam should say the Takbeer audibly a second time. He may or may not raise his hands while doing this. Others should follow, and then recite then invokes peace and blessings on the Prophet (pbuh). This is wajib..
(3) The Imam should recite the Takbeer a third time while others should follow. Then everyone should offer dua (supplication) for the deceased person.
(4) The Imam should recite Takbeer a fourth time as above. Everyone should then offer prayers for the Muslim community in general, again silently.
(5) Finally, the Imam should recite Salam as in all other prayers to complete Salat ul Janazah. Salam may be offered once to the right only, or once each to the right and then to the left as in all other prayers.
This would complete the Salat ul Janazah.
Al Farooq Cultural & Dvpt. Trust Centre, Shaikh Manzoor: 021-1351907
At-Taqwa , Manukau – Mohammed Anwar, 0275171107, 09-2777175, Mohammed Rafiq 021-1060456, Mohammed Afiz 021 800361
Islamic Ahlul Bayt foundation of NZ – Abu Murtaza (Amer Salman) Ph: 092777276 (WORK) CELL 0274813912, Sayed Taghi Derhamy Ph: 09 8496672, Abdul Razak ( Abu Mohammed ) Ph: 098184010
NZMA (New Zealand Muslim Association), Sheraj Ali – Mob: 027 484 4232, Ayub Patel – 09-3786158. NZMA has a free Janaaza transportation service for the area covered by NZMA – P: 0800 5262292
Masjid E Umar, Mt Roskill. Shaikh Khalil Ahmed Nadat 0226716102
Muslim Council of Auckland Burial Society Inc. (MCABS) To provide financial assistance to family members of any deceased person who was a member of the society and also to those who are poor and need financial assistance for burial and other associated costs. more information https://aucklandmuslimburial.org.nz/
New Lynn Islamic Centre, Sheraj Ali 0274844232 or 09-6271424
SAMA (South Auckland Muslim Association) 09-2766725, Br Ibrar Sheikh 021 240 8786, Haji Molvi Mohammed Safik 021 1333455, Br Abdul Shakeel Ahmed 021 537 633, Br Naushad Ali 021 1373885, Molvi Abdul Shafeez 021 298 2851
Working together Group (WTG) – FREE Janazah (Funeral) Service P: 022 4 JANNAH (0224 526624)
Blenheim/Marlborough: Muslim Association of Marlborough: Br Muhammad Zayd Ian Blissett ph: 03 5783944
Muslim Association of Canterbury – Mansoor Khawaja firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohamed Jama – Phone: 0211148011
The Otago Muslim Association Inc – Masjid Al Huda – Steven James Johnston – Mobile: +64 27 705 3980
Hamilton: See Waikato
Hawera Islamic Centre Br. Ashraf Ali, 027632562
Hawkes Bay – Baitul Mokarram Masjid & Islamic Centre – Saeed Ahmed 0211231171
Invercargill – Southland Muslim Association: 027 311 7962
Manawatu Region / Palmerston North Islamic Centre, P: 0274 555 895 (Brother Riaz), Br Imtiyaz Patel 021 523 786. Email: email@example.com
Napier Islamic Centre: Mohammed Naeem 0274057250
New Plymouth Islamic Centre 0800 786 000
Tauranga Muslim Association, Imam Ahmed Abdelkader 0211542470
Te Kuiti Islamic Centre – Sheikh Abdullah – 0210345139
Waikato – Waikato Muslim Association, Funeral coordinator: Mohammed Akabai- 0211431207
Hamilton West Islamic Centre, Mohammed Hassan P: 07-8463070, Mob: 0274 744201, Mohammed Hanif 07-8434154
Wellington Islamic Centre, Yakub Khan – P: 04-3800 900
Tawa Islamic Center, Sheik Mustafa, P:64 43889976, M: 0212472909
For all other area please contact your Islamic Centre